Pulse of the nation
The New Zealander TM
Bush hate camp takes advantage of the news:
In an attempt to thwart the spread of bird flu, President George W. Bush may bomb the Canary Islands.
Turkey is next target
Bush Admirers react to the Bird Flu news in their own version:
Bird flu was thrust upon the world by enemies of United States and the universe-
George Bush may take the next step in safeguarding human kind from enemies
He may order bombing of Canary Islands.
Turkey is suspected to be the ground for the same enemy plot and air force action may follow
So be careful when you read any newsarticles from leading newpapers it is their view -
Not your view
by Robert Zijp
Place of birth Leeston, Canterbury, New Zealand Height 1.78 Weight 91 Nickname DC Rugby union career PositionFly-half, Inside centre All Black No.1034 Provincial/State sides Caps(points) 2002-present Canterbury 19 (161) correct as of 7 August, 2006. Super Rugby 2003-present Crusaders 37 (474)
correct as of 7 August, 2006.
You Know You're Living in 2008 When...
1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
4. You e-mail your mate who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends is that
their e-mail addresses have viruses
6. When you go home after a long day at work you still answer the phone in a business manner.
7. When you make phone calls from home, you accidentally do "0" to get an outside line.
8. You've sat at the same desk for four years and worked for
five different companies.
10. Your resume is on a memory stick in your pocket.
11. You learn about your redundancy on the 11 o'clock news.
12. Your biggest loss from a system crash was when you lost all of your best jokes.
13. Your boss doesn't have the ability to do your job.
14. Contractors outnumber permanent staff and are more likely to get long-service awards.
15. Board members salaries are higher than all the Third World
countries' annual budgets combined.
16. Interviewees, despite not having the relevant knowledge or experience, terminate the interview when told of the starting salary.
17. Free food left over from meetings is your staple diet.
18. Your boss gets a brand-new state-of-the-art laptop with all
the latest features, but you have time to go for lunch while yours
19. Being sick is defined as you can't walk or you're in hospital.
20. There's no money in the budget for the five permanent staff your department desperately needs, but they can afford four full-time management consultants advising your boss's boss on strategy.
21. Your relatives and family describe your job as "works with computers".
22. You read this entire list, and kept nodding and smiling.
23. You are too busy to notice there was N0 no. 9.
25. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a
Beauty and Style
Return to Minimal Muse
It is about opposing looks for the new wave of beauty. Sure minimal muse will be popular but so too will a stylised return to full makeup glamour a la the 1940s. Think red or dark damask pink lips, perfect foundation covered skin with defined eyebrows and thick lush lashes. Taking cues from stars like Scarlett Johanson, Cate Blanchett and Dita von Teese the look takes romantic elements from the bygone eras, but mixes them with new technology in pigments, light formulations and skin prep products.
Start with a well prepped face including colour corrector and then finish your base with a medium weight powder or dewy finish foundation. Cream blush over the apples of the cheeks gives a real vintage feel whilst a crisp line around the eye defines and lifts. Three coats of black mascara will add volume whilst moisture rich lipstick applied with a lip brush will mean delightful lips
Browsed in the web
Name: Russel Crowe
Date of birth: 7 April 1964
Place of birth:Wellington,New Zealand
Occupations Actor, Musician
Father:Alex Crowe, set caterer Mother: Joycelyn Crowe,set caterer sign: Aries
Naomi Watts and director Peter Jackson in Universal Pictures' King Kong - 2005
Name: Peter Jackson Date of birth:31-10-61 Pukerua Bay,New Zealand Spouse Fran Walsh 1987 to till date Father of Billy Jackson and Katie Jackson
Ranked 17 on EWs The 50 Smartest people in Hollywood
All Black Daniel Carter's advertisements for global underwear brand Jockey are set to be shown around the world.